Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Con La Familia De Blenda

Blenda y yo con la papa a la huancaina y Inca Kola.
Today Blenda, Raymond, Juan and I went to eat lunch at Blenda's mom's restaurant.  Her sisters, Estefania and Jocelyn, help out there.  Raymond and Blenda got chicken soup for an appetizer and Juan and I had papa a la huancaina, potatoes with a creamy sauce.  Raymond got pollo a la norteña, which is chicken with rice and beans, and Blenda, Juan and I got olluquito de carne, which is Andean potatoes with beef and rice.  It was muy rico.

Raymond, la mama de Blenda, Estefania, y Juan.

Blenda's sister Jocelyn has the cutest daughter named Michaela.  She is adorable and her whole family says Michaela looks exactly like Jocelyn when she was younger.

Jocelyn con su hija, Michaela.
After we said goodbye to Blenda's family, we went back to the house.  Juan and I took a taxi to by my ticket for Huancayo and Blenda and Raymond went to visit her grandma.  After I bought my ticket, we went in a combi (a small bus) back to our neighborhood.  Juan bought me a little keychain from a guy on the combi as a souvenir.  After that we went to a bookstore and I bought a book by a Peruvian author, Jaime Bayly.  We also bought some palomitas (popcorn) to eat while we watched a movie and waited for Blenda and Raymond to come back.

El llavero que me compro' Juan y el libro que compre'.
I fell asleep while Juan and I were watching RED and then Blenda and Raymond came back.  Blenda helped me call Tino in Huancayo, who is the man who runs the school where I am going to volunteer.  He agreed to pick me up from the bus stop and said another volunteer would be arriving the same day also.  Here I come, Huancayo!

Since Juan and I only ate palomitas, he is going to bring back sandwiches and chicha (a drink made from corn) from La Lucha for Raymond, himself and me.  Yum!

Papas fritas, sandwich de pavo, y chicha.

No comments:

Post a Comment