Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ya es Miercoles (It's already Wednesday)

I can't believe that it's already Wednesday night.  Before the time was moving too slow and now it's starting to move faster.  I think it's probably because I'm getting used to things here.  And now, just when I am getting used to the routine, Tino told me that next week is the last week at the school in Concepcion.  I'm so sad!  I really love my students there and I thought I was going to get more time with them.

My younger class went well today.  They were asking me to bring them songs that they could sing tomorrow.

Herson, from my older class.
Herson is one of my best students in the older class.  He was the only one who turned in his homework on time and so I gave him a prize.  I swear, if I was going to school with him, I'd totally have a crush on him.  I paired him up with Yuly for a conversation exercise and it seemed like they might be sweet on each other.  It was really cute.  Usually all the girls sit on one side of the room and the boys sit on the other.  On Monday, he sat on the side where the girls usually sit because I think he was hoping Yuly would sit by him.  Instead, Sergio sat beside him and Yuly sat on the side the guys usually sit on.  Herson said his favorite song was by Hoobastank and today he asked what it meant.  He and Jhonatan also asked what black-eyed peas were because of the musical group.

Yuly, from my older class.
Yuly is a sweet girl, but I was sort of frustrated with her because she never turned in her homework.  She's really shy.  I wish the girls would try a little harder because they are smart.  They are a lot more shy than the boys are.

When Lauren and I got home, lunch was ready for us.  Tino and Angela, his youngest daughter, joined us.  I ended up talking to Tino long after lunch and we also sat down to discuss the website for his art.  After we finished talking, I graded some of the homework and then the others came back from the school.  Mari took Ylva and I to get some yarn for a weaving class with Tino.  We got 100% alpaca yarn.

The place we got our alpaca wool.
Ylva and Emil went on to the Plaza Constitucion and Mari and I went back to the house.  A guy on a bike made kissing noises at us and then some other guys were calling us "amor."  After that she was asking how old I was and if I had a boyfriend.  She thought I was 22 years old.  In reality I'm only five years younger than her.  She's really a sweet woman.

We had dinner early tonight and now I'm watching, "She's the Man" with Lauren, Ylva and Emil.  It's raining really hard right now, thunder and lighning and everything.  I just had to move my chair because the ceiling is leaking water right now.

Almost time for sleep.  Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment