Friday, March 25, 2011

Viernes (Friday) - Play Day!!!!!

This morning when we were walking to school, we saw these pigs outside some of the houses.  There are always different farm animals appearing around that area.  I thought they looked like a cross between pigs and dalmations.  :)

Dalmation pigs!!!  :)
I brought my camera today since Fridays we play games with the kids and it seems more appropriate to take pictures.  This is the front of the school.  The big group of fifteen volunteers painted this welcome sign.  It really brightens up the front of the school!

Our new welcome sign.
Here is the classroom that I teach in.  We always put the benches and chairs up on the tables after class.  The only light we have is from a makeshift skylight...you can see the light pouring in from above the whiteboard.

My classroom!!!
Doane decided to make an obstacle course for the kids in the morning, so we gathered up a bunch of odds and ends.  They had to take a ball and put it between their legs across the monkey bars.  Then they swung a bit on a rope and went under a tent we'd made over some chairs.  Then they had to go between some small cone markers.  I had the older students go through them kicking their ball.  After that they went over, then under, and then over some items set up on some chairs, then through some more small cone markers, and finally threw their ball into the basketball hoop.

Margoth is getting ready to take off swinging.  You can see the tent in front of her, Simon tending to the over-under bit, and Nora helping the littler kids to throw their ball into the basketball hoop.
They liked doing it so much that when they finished they ran back to the beginning to do it all over again.  Poor Josselyn had the deflated ball.  She was a trooper though and still kicked it through the small cones.

Josselyn looks a bit sad that her ball is deflated.  :)
In the afternoon, we set up a bunch of chairs out in the cement area to play musical chairs.  Doane had brought is speaker and iPod to play music.  The kids had a lot of fun and were running around like crazy.  After the first time they played, one of my students, Ingrid, asked me what they were going to do after the game.  I said I didn't know but did she want to do something different.  Most of the other people in my class were working on homework, so she felt lonely.  We ended up drawing pictures.  I was looking through the dictionary for something to draw, so she drew a sunrise or amanecer and suggested that I draw the twilight or atardecer.  Here's my drawing...everyone complimented me on it.  Haha!  Her drawing is hanging in the classroom.

My drawing of the twighlight.
Now it's time for sleep.  Tomorrow the others are going to bike up to Huaytapallana, the glacier, and Mabel is taking me somewhere else.  We have to leave early though!!!  Good night!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment