Friday, June 17, 2011

Backtrack: April 13 - 14 ❤ Playa del Carmen

We got a bit of a late start and took a bus to Playa del Carmen.  They were showing a movie on the bus, but I think we slept through most of it.  When we got there, we walked down to the beach and ate at a nearby restaurant.  Turned out to be a bad idea because they rip you off at the restaurants by the beach.  Lesson learned!!!  We walked around the strip where they sell all kinds of souvenirs and have some nice clothing shops too.  I got a dress for dinner that night.  I was trying to decide between a couple dresses and some French girls who had been watching their friend try on clothes told me that I should get the blue one, so I did!!!  Juan also bought me an awesome pink, embroidered purse.  :)

We changed to go out for dinner and I put on my new dress.  The dinner we ate was a million times yummier and a zillion times classier than our lunch and was also cheaper!!!  Go figure.  :)

After our bellies were full, we walked along the strip again, although at night the scene had changed to people hopping bars, eating dinner, and enjoying music.  We stopped to take a picture at the street sign for Calle Corazon (Heart street) and then we sat to have a drink and listen to a reggae band.


The reggae band.
We went on our way after that and ended up sitting down by the beach listening to a salsa band at a nearby restaurant.  After we'd danced in the sand and relaxed to the sound of the music and rolling waves, we went back to our hotel for some much needed sleep.

Sitting on the beach...Playa del Carmen by night.
In the morning we put on our bathing suits, sat on the beach for a bit, and took a dip in the ocean.  We couldn't stay too long since we had to check out of our hotel, but it was just the right amount of time for my already sunburned skin.  ;)  After checking out of the hotel, we walked along the street some more and made a few more purchases.  We each ate an ice cream cone.  Mine was mostly running down my arm and instead of helping me out, Juan just started taking pictures of me and my ice cream mess.  Ugh!!!  And no, you do not get to see those pictures!!!  After I washed the ice cream off of me, we went back to the bus station to head on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment