Thursday, June 16, 2011

Backtrack: April 9 ❤ Juan's birthday

The morning of Juan's birthday we went to 100% Natural to eat breakfast.  I LOVE this place.  It is so yummy.  We got a bowl of fresh fruit, fresh juice, and eggs.  My tummy was very happy.

Birthday breakfast at 100% Natural.
Juan went to work and I talked to Blenda.  She asked me to get Juan a birthday present for her since she couldn't be there.  So I went to Plaza Las Americas to look for a shirt.  Ana came to meet me and we not only found a shirt for Juan, but she found the pieces she wanted to complete her outfit, I found sandals to complete mine, and we got a cake and a piñata for the party.  We got back just as Juan came home from work.

Let's get the party started!!!  Juan in his new shirt!!!
People were already starting to barbeque in the courtyard as we got ourselves ready for the party.  One of his friends was DJ'ing and before we made our way down, Juan made a batch of Pisco sours with the Pisco Josselyn had helped me pick out in Lima.  He served them to his friends and gave them a little history lesson on them as they drank.

Juan made Pisco sours for his friends with the Pisco I brought.
The sandwiches that they made on the grill were so delicious, but I guess what can you expect from a group of chefs?  :)

The food was AMAZING!!!
We lit the candles for Juan to make his birthday wish and then he got his face pushed into the cake after his "mordida" (bite), as the birthday ritual goes.  Later on we took it downstairs so everyone could sing to him and afterward, Juan's boss got ahold of the cake and dropped it in his drunkenness.  I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to try it out.  :(

The cake before Juan's boss dropped it on the ground.  :(
Ana and I had gotten a piñata for the party that she called "Spiderman con obesidad" or Fat Spiderman.  He had a bit of a belly so that there would be somewhere for the candy to go.  He didn't get broken apart at the party, but since then we've picked him clean of most of his treats.

Spiderman con obesidad!!!
I met a lot of Juan's friends and coworkers that night, but my favorites are still Bananita (as Juan calls Ana) and Charly.  It was a really fun night, but by the end, I was falling-down tired.

Juan, Ana, and me!!!

Juan and Charly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment